Calendar of Events
APO Observing Conditions
The WILD Center
Tupper Lake Time:
Public Observatory has a board of directors that is second to none.
Comprised of astronomers and university professors, teachers, amateur
astronomers and business people, we share one common goal: to construct
and operate an astronomical observatory in the Adirondack Mountains.
- President: The position is currently vacant
Levy, amateur astronomer
- Chairman: Marc Staves, founder, amateur astronomer, power lineman
Lake Municipal Power Co.
Position currently vacant
Mark Moeller, VP, CBNA Insurance Agency
Bogdanovitch, natural resource consultant
WPTZ Meteorologist, science teacher
Dixon, Physics & Astronomy teacher, SUNY
Canton & Hugh
C. Williams High
Duval, Physics & Astronomy teacher, Tupper Lake High School
- A. Wallace Everest, Jr., Retired GE Executive and Registered Professional Engineer
- Jim LaValley, owner/broker, LaValley Real Estate
- Tom Lawson, Developer
- Seth McGowan, Superintendent of Schools, Tupper Lake Central School District
Miller, Astronomer & Physics Laboratory Coordinator, Saint
Moeller, founder, amateur astronomer, N.Y.S.
Aileen O'Donoghue, Associate Professor of Physics, Saint Lawrence
- Keith Wells, Sr. Management Engineering and Marketing, retired
- Rev. Rick Wilburn, Pastor, Tupper Lake Baptist Chapel
- Anne Everest Wojtkowski, Professor Emeritus of Engineering, Berkshire Community College, and former Mayor of Pittsfield, MA