Calendar of Events
APO Observing Conditions
Find Us on Facebook!
The WILD Center
The Dudley Observatory
Tupper Lake Time:
Public Observatory has a board of directors that is second to none.
Comprised of astronomers and university professors, teachers, amateur
astronomers and business people, we share one common goal: to construct
and operate an astronomical observatory in the Adirondack Mountains.
- President: Carol Levy, amateur astronomer
- Vice President: Gordie Duval, Retired Physics & Astronomy teacher, Tupper Lake High School
- Chairman: Marc Staves, founder, amateur astronomer, power lineman Tupper Lake Municipal Power Co.
- Secretary: Sandie Strader
- Treasurer: Mark Moeller, VP, CBNA Insurance Agency
- Member at Large: Seth McGowan, Superintendent of Schools, Tupper Lake Central School District
- Phil Bogdanovitch, natural resource consultant
- Gib Brown, WPTZ Meteorologist, science teacher
- Robert Dixon, Physics & Astronomy teacher, SUNY Canton & Hugh C. Williams High School
- A. Wallace Everest, Jr., Retired GE Executive and Registered Professional Engineer
- Jim LaValley, owner/broker, LaValley Real Estate
- Tom Lawson, Developer
- Jeffrey Miller, Astronomer & Physics Laboratory Coordinator, St. Lawrence University
- Timothy Moeller, founder, amateur astronomer, N.Y.S. Correctional Officer
- Dr. Aileen O'Donoghue, Priest Associate Professor of Physics, St. Lawrence University
- Keith Wells, Sr. Management Engineering and Marketing, retired
- Rev. Rick Wilburn, Pastor, Tupper Lake Baptist Chapel
- Tom Wojtkowski, Director of Engineering, MORGOIL® Bearing Division of Siemens Industry Inc. (Worchester, MA)